The competition addresses students, graduates, Ph.D.students, Post Doc's and Alumni. Ideas can be submitted in the clusters „Digital & Technologies“, „Life-Sciences & Health“ and „Cultural & Social“. The winning ideas will be awarded with prize money in the amount of 1.500 €, 1.000 €, 500 € (place prices 1 to 3) and 1.500 € for the "Corona Special Prize" donated by Berliner Sparkasse.
The competition is divided into two phases: the idea and the concept phase.
In the idea phase (first stage) the teams describe their ideas and submit them in the form of a three-sided concept paper. Ten entries will be selected by an expert jury for the concept phase (second stage) for each category.
The concept phase starts with a one-day workshop on business model development. The teams then work out their ideas, refine and extend their ideas and submit them again.
The concepts are reviewed again by an expert jury, who then selects the three best ideas for the first, second and third place for each category.
- 3rd of May 2021 Application deadline idea phase (3-pager)
- 12th of May 2021 TOP 10 of the idea phase will be announced. With that start of concept phase
- Business Model Development Workshop Cluster Digital & Technologies: middle of may 2021, by Klaus Kammermeier
- Business Model Development Workshop Cluster Life Sciences & Health: middle of may 2021, by Christof Schaffrannek
- Business Model Development Workshop Cluster Social & Cultural: middle of may 2021, by Anthony and Petra Owen
- 30th of Mai 2021 Application deadline concept phase (5-pager)
- middle of June 2021 TOP 3 Teams of each cluster will be announced. These teams will present their ideas during the award ceremony.
- 17th of June 2021 Online-Pitch training (finalists only)
- 22h of June 2021 Award Ceremony and announcement of winners.