Research to Market Challenge
“Research to Market Challenge” is a competition for research-based product and business ideas from Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität Berlin, Technische Universiät Berlin and Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
The contest is hosted by the above-mentioned universities cooperating with Stiftung Charité, Ernst Reuter Gesellschaft, Humboldt-Universitäts-Gesellschaft, Gesellschaft von Freunden der TU Berlin and Berliner Sparkasse.
A special prize for the topic "Stopping Climate Change" in the amount of €1,500 will be awarded. "What business and start-up ideas are there to slow down or even stop climate change, and how can existing consequences of climate change be overcome through innovations from research?" Each submission must be assigned to one of the three categories "Digital & Technologies", "Life Sciences & Health" or "Cultural & Social". In addition, a check mark can be placed in Stop Climate Change if the idea deals with this topic. Only those that make it to the TOP 10 (= 2nd round) in their respective category at the same time will be selected. The award ceremony will take place during the closing event.
The purpose of the “Research to Market Challenge” is to guide members and alumni of the participating institutions through the process of getting their thoughts about potential product or business out of their head, on to paper, and into an actionable plan for the first steps.
A total prize money of 11.000 Euro and the participation in a business model workshop (online) will be awarded.
Ideas from the categories "Digital & Technologies," "Life Sciences & Health" or "Cultural & Social" can be submitted until May 3, 2021.
Why is it worth participating in the competition?
Participating in the "Research to Market Challenge" opens up many opportunities for you!
- You will learn how to develop your research-based idea to a viable business model.
- You will learn which options for commercialization or other application of your idea exist and how you might be supported.
- You will get to know other participants and experts of our wide-spread network.
- The winners of the fist stage (TOP 10) will participate in a business model workshop (online).
- The TOP 3 of the second stage will present their idea in front of a prominent audience. Save the date: 22th of June 2021 starting at 6 pm.