Research to Market Challenge
“Research to Market Challenge” is a competition for research-based product and business ideas from Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität Berlin, Technische Universiät Berlin and Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
The contest is hosted by the above-mentioned universities cooperating with Stiftung Charité, Ernst Reuter Gesellschaft, Humboldt-Universitäts-Gesellschaft, Gesellschaft von Freunden der TU Berlin, Berliner Sparkasse and IBB Business Team GmbH.
The purpose of the “Research to Market Challenge” is to guide members and alumni of the participating institutions through the process of getting their thoughts about potential product or business out of their head, on to paper, and into an actionable plan for the first steps.
A total prize money of 9.000 Euro and the participation in a business model workshop (online) will be awarded. A special prize (1.500 Euro, donated by Berliner Sparkasse) will also be awarded for application ideas that solve current problems in connection with the corona crisis.
We are looking for product and business ideas from categories "Digital & Technologies", "Life Sciences & Health" or "Cultural & Social" (application deadline 3rd of May).
Why is it worth participating in the competition?
Participating in the "Research to Market Challenge" opens up many opportunities for you!
- You will learn how to develop your research-based idea to a viable business model.
- You will learn which options for commercialization or other application of your idea exist and how you might be supported.
- You will get to know other participants and experts of our wide-spread network.
- The winners of the fist stage (TOP 10) will participate in a business model workshop (online).
- The TOP 3 of the second stage will present their idea in front of a prominent audience. Save the date: 25th of June 2020 starting at 6 pm.