Conditions of participation
Persons entitled to participate
Any idea with a clear reference to research of the Freie Universität Berlin, the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, the Technische Universität Berlin or the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin as well as cooperating institutions may be submitted.
The following groups from all departments of the Freie Universität Berlin, the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, the Technische Universität Berlin and the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin as well as in cooperating institutions can participate:
- PhD students and Postdocs
- Participation is possible as an individual and well as a team.
- Each participant/team can submit several ideas but only one idea per participant/team can be awarded.
- A concept paper of up to two pages (DIN A4, font size 11, simple line spacing) of a research-based product or business ideas from the clusters „SUSTAINABILITY x SOCIETY“, „HEALTHCARE x PREVENTION“ and „TECHNOLOGIES x RESOURCES“ must be submitted.
- All idea sketches with fully completed registration forms received by April 5th, 2024 (11:59 p.m.) will be considered.
- Submissions that are incomplete or exceed the allowed number of pages cannot be considered.
Terms of Participation
- If the idea or the start-up project has already been awarded in other competitions, the participants must state this in their application.
- Ideas that are already being funded by EXIST grants or grants of the Berlin Startup Scholarship (Berliner Startup Stipendium) are not taken into account.
- Ideas already submitted in an application to a Berlin Startup Scholarship (Berliner Startup Stipendium) can participate in the Research to Market Challenge if the idea has not been funded.
- The idea must be developed independently by the participants and must not infringe the rights of third parties.
- Participation in the Research to Market Challenge does not affect participating in other competitions such as the Berlin-Brandenburg Business Plan Competition (BPW).
- The organizers assume no liability whatsoever for the statements and behavior of jurors and other competitors.
- The organizer and the candidate candidates will treat the submitted ideas confidentially. Personal data of the participants will not be passed on by the organizer to unauthorized third parties.
- By prior agreement, the competitors are ready to present their ideas at the final event and to participate in the press work.
- The legal process is excluded. If none of the submissions are judged worthy by the jury, the awards ceremony will be waived.
- By participating in the competition the teams/participants accept the mentioned terms.