Research to Market Challenge
The "Research to Market Challenge" is a competition for business and startup ideas from research. The organizer is Science & Startups, the pooled start-up services from Humboldt-Universität, Technische Universität and Freie Universität in cooperation with BIH and Charité. Cooperation partners include Stiftung Charité, Ernst Reuter Gesellschaft, Gesellschaft von Freunden der TU Berlin, K.I.E.Z. and Berliner Sparkasse.
Ideas in 3 areas will be awarded:
- SUSTAINABILITY x SOCIETY,
- HEALTHCARE x PREVENTION or
- TECHNOLOGIES x RESOURCES.
In addition, there is a special prize for ideas related to artificial intelligence which is awarded by K.I.E.Z.
Participation offers the chance to:
- Prize money worth an expected total of €12,000,
- Workshops on ideation, pitching and business model development - from idea to implementation in just a few steps,
- Access to the network of Science & Startups, including exclusive events (e.g. Startup Tasting, Business & Beer),
- Coaching by experienced experts,
- Presentation in front of a prominent audience,
- Visibility in news, press releases and social media,
- Financial advice from Berliner Sparkasse,
- Access to meeting rooms in the Startup Villa,
- Goodie bag for each startup (tools & snacks).
In the competition, members and alumni of the participating organizations can put their ideas on paper in German or English, submit them as a competition entry and develop a plan for the first steps towards implementation. To prepare for the competition, potential participants are offered two events:
At the Impulse Day on March 14th from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at EINS (Ernst-Reuter-Platz 1) you can be inspired by exciting lectures on the latest developments in the respective clusters. You will also learn from alumni founding teams about what the path to the Research to Market Challenge might look like. The subsequent networking invites you to discuss the impulses and impressions and may lay the foundation for new ideas and teams. Get your ticket now!
So that the ideas can be deepened, structured and submitted, a Workshop Day will take place on March 19th from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m at EINS (Ernst-Reuter-Platz 1). Through comprehensive and cluster-specific workshops, initial approaches become concrete ideas that can then be submitted. Get your ticket now!
The deadline for submissions is April 5th. Applications can be submitted here: apply now.