Research to Market Challenge
The "Research to Market Challenge" is a competition for business and startup ideas from research. The organizer is Science & Startups, the pooled start-up services from Humboldt-Universität, Technische Universität and Freie Universität in cooperation with BIH and Charité. Cooperation partners include Stiftung Charité, Ernst Reuter Gesellschaft, Humboldt-Universitäts-Gesellschaft, Gesellschaft von Freunden der TU Berlin, K.I.E.Z., Berliner Sparkasse and Driven.
Ideas in 3 areas will be awarded:
- SUSTAINABILITY x SOCIETY,
- HEALTHCARE x PREVENTION or
- TECHNOLOGIES x RESOURCES.
For the 10th anniversary of the Research to Market Challenge, we are also looking even more into the future and, with the support of K.I.E.Z., are awarding a special award entitled "Future Innovation: AI" worth €1,500. The prize is awarded for a visionary idea related to AI.
Participation offers the chance to:
- Prize money worth an expected total of €11,000,
- Workshops on ideation, pitching and business model development - from idea to implementation in just a few steps,
- Access to the network of Science & Startups, including exclusive events (e.g. Startup Tasting, Business & Beer),
- Coaching by experienced experts,
- Presentation in front of a prominent audience,
- Visibility in news, press releases and social media,
- Financial advice from Berliner Sparkasse,
- Access to meeting rooms in the Startup Villa,
- Goodie bag for each startup (tools & snacks).
In the two-stage competition, members and alumni of the participating organizations can write down their ideas in German (prefferably) or English (if there are no native German speakers in the team), submit them as a competition entry and develop a plan for the first steps towards implementation.
The deadline for submissions is May 4. Applications can be submitted here: apply now.