The competition is aimed at students, researchers and alumni. Ideas are submitted in the areas of "SUSTAINABILITY x SOCIETY", "HEALTHCARE x PREVENTION" and "TECHNOLOGIES x RESOURCES". The best ideas of each cluster will be awarded with prize money of € 1,500, € 1,000, € 500 (1st to 3rd place).
Awarded by the K.I.E.Z., there is a special prize "Future Innovation: AI" of 1,500 €. The prize is awarded for a particularly visionary idea in the field of artificial intelligence. Examples are ideas with a generative AI (e.g. the generation of texts, images, videos, 3D objects), new AI models as well as ideas for improving the collaboration between humans and machines or solving ethical challenges.
The competition is divided into two phases: in the idea phase, teams describe their idea in a three-page sketch and submit it. Up to ten teams per cluster will be selected from the submissions by a jury of experts.
The subsequent concept phase starts with online workshops in which the selected teams are supported by experienced coaches in developing their business models. The teams then flesh out their idea outline, expand it to five pages and submit it again.
A jury of experts reviews and evaluates the idea sketches and nominates the winners. The prizes will be awarded at a festive closing event on Monday, 3 July 2023, starting at 17:00.
The schedule is as follows:
- 28.03.2023 (09:00 - 16:30): external workshop "Deep Science Future: Producing a better tomorrow with AI", for PhD students and postdocs (Registration / external link: Freie Universität Berlin / Dahlem Research School in cooperation with K.I.E.Z.) - Objective: idea development in the field of artificial intelligence (good preparation for the K.I.E.Z. special prize)
- 29.03.2023: information event with exciting impressions of former participants, register here: information event (registration / external link: Eventbrite).
- 19.04.2023 (10:00 - 12:30): ideation Workshop held in cooperation with Young Entrepreneurs in Science: workshop registration (external link: Falling Walls)
- 04.05.2023: application deadline 1st round: Apply now
- 22.-24.05.2023: business model workshops in the three clusters (3 dates - more detailed information to follow)
- 05.06.2023: application deadline 2nd round: Submissions of the five-page outlines for the concept phase.
- 27.06.2023 (9:00 - 17:00): pitch training for the TOP 3 teams in each category.
- 03.07.2023: final event and presentation with subsequent award ceremony